By Afra Nawar
September 1, 2018
A modern twist to traditional Bangladeshi ingredients that includes a mixture of crunchy, melt-in-mouth and custardy textures to make the perfect summerdessert.
MANGO PUDDING FILLING
11. Place a non-stick pan on low heat and add oil. Crush vermicilli into small pieces and add to oil and stir until it is a golden brown color.
22. Add in the condensed milk and stir to form a sticky mixture.
33. Transfer the mixture to a small springform pan(baking pans used for cheesecakes) and press it into the bottom of the pan and up the sides evenly.
44. Cool and rest in freezer.
11. Mix in mango puree, condensed milk, half cup milk, sugar and egg yolk.
22. Transfer to a pan on low heat and stir continuously until the mixture thickens to custard consistency. Take down and cool. Mix in vanilla essence.
33. Bring to a boil the remaining half cups of milk and add in the gelatin and stir with a fork until dissolved. Mix this into the mango mixture while stirring continuously.
44. As the mango pudding cools down, pour it into the vermicilli base that was cooling in the freezer. Put it back into freezer to rest.
55. Take out the mango vermicilli delice and place on suitable plate. Top with dried coconut flakes, extra mango puree and lemon zest. Done!